Sunday, November 07, 2010

Houston Quilt Market 2010 Part 3 The Quilts

The quilts were hung for viewing during Quilt Market, but the winner's had not been announced. Go to the Quilts, Inc. website to view the winning quilts. Lucky for me, I took pictures of some of the winning entries without knowing it!

I am posting pictures of some of the quilts. There were so many quilts it was overwhelming. Enjoy the photos.


West Coast Wonders

It Came From Beneath the Sea by Roberta Deluz of my hometown Benicia! Also a good buddy.


Just plain cool quilt

I would like to sit on those rocks


Wonderful riot of color and shape

Love all the circular shapes


The purple figures are geicos, how cool is that!



Full quilt Close up

Lots of movement


One of Hollis' beautiful pieces. I had the opportunity to see the Imagine Hope exhibit.


Caryl Bryer Fallert!


View from a aisle


This piece was 3D textured triangles - wow


One needed to time to study this up close


Close up Full view

Incredible leaves

Night view of a city, must see in person



Wonderful and Wicked

Fun

Took me back to the 60's

Beautiful white work with crystals, must see in person


Very Cool


Interesting views of a city


Peacock feather with a ton of thread work

Check the winners list...

Graceful ladies

Made me smile

Beautiful



Check the winners list at Quilts, Inc. Incredible! The white area in the sashing is the white glove holding the quilt up for me.

Love the intricate design


Check the thread painting and intricate quilting


This piece had several sections, I only captured one quarter of the quilt


Looks like fireworks!


This piece draws you in to look at the swirling patterns


Remarkable details

Beautiful

Historic quilt

Hope you enjoyed my brief overview of the Houston Quilt Market 2010. I had a great time.

Until next year, Ta Dahlings!

1 comment:

KatKing said...

I enjoyed your pics very much, thank you!